The Title IV-E Prevention Services Clearinghouse was established by the Administration for Children and Families (ACF) within the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) to conduct an objective and transparent review of research on programs and services intended to provide enhanced support to children and families and prevent foster care placements.
The Prevention Services Clearinghouse, developed in accordance with the Family First Prevention Services Act (FFPSA) as codified in Title IV-E of the Social Security Act, rates programs and services as well-supported, supported, promising, or does not currently meet criteria.
Search programs and services rated well-supported, supported, promising, or does not currently meet criteria.
The Prevention Services Clearinghouse is pleased to announce that several new FAQs are now available on our website. Learn more here.
As of April 2023, the Prevention Services Clearinghouse has reviewed 141 programs and services; 71 of these have been rated as promising, supported, or well-supported.
New ratings are now available for the following programs and services:
- Assertive Community Treatment
- Common Sense Parenting® – School Age
- Common Sense Parenting® of Toddlers and Preschoolers
- Foster Kinship Navigator Program
- Functional Family Probation and Parole
- Group Combined Parent-Child Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
- Individual Combined Parent-Child Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
- Multisystemic Therapy – Building Stronger Families
- Promoting First Relationships®
- Screening, Brief Intervention, and Referral to Treatment
- Trauma Systems Therapy
- Trauma Systems Therapy for Foster Care
The Clearinghouse will continue to release ratings for programs and services on a rolling basis. To review a working list of the next programs and services planned for systematic review, visit our About page.
Check out our webinars and other resources to learn about Clearinghouse standards and procedures, and more.
Join our email list to be notified of new content on the website!
Read our Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) for additional information!
Have a question about the review of a program or service? Need help using the website? You can email us at PreventionServices@abtassoc.com